HEAD OF PEOPLE - CALGARY
Who we are:
We’re a 30-year-old creative start-up.
With some recent client wins, we’re looking to grow even more.
LPi Group is an award-winning, independent creative engagement agency, with a vision of being admired for its people and recognized for our relentless pursuit of client success.
People Buy Belief. Our team creates and sustains belief in our clients and their brands. We are a team of experienced, passionate marketing professionals who provide creative solutions that challenge convention and exceed expectations.
In our 30+ years, we have never stopped evolving. Fresh challenges, new mediums, a shifting marketing landscape – we welcome every opportunity to grow and continue to harness the possibilities that come with change.
Who are you?
As the Head of People, you are a business-minded people leader who is excited about the opportunity to trailblaze people programs and operations in a fast-growing, mission-driven agency. You have a business background, a broad HR skillset and experience both leading teams and contributing to a leadership role in a growth environment. You possess strong business acumen, an innovative mindset, and an HR-by-the-numbers measurement approach.
You gravitate to the idea of cultivating a unique impact culture built on autonomy and accountability, with a high dose of doing things differently and fun. If making a difference matters to you and working with a company that helps its clients to change the world sounds like an exciting adventure, then read on!
The overall accountability for the Head of People is to optimize the people function by developing and implementing people programs and operations. This role is focused on creating and executing plans, programs and metrics to maximize individual and collective team performance at LPi Group.
- Lead the people team and people function for the organization to align with and help realize business goals
- Cultivate the company culture to continue to build on the strong foundation and foster the ethos and values of our mighty, mission-driven team
- Be an engaged, active and results driven member of the leadership team acting as the people lead in business planning, execution and a people partner for leadership colleagues; contribute and coach at a leader level to the culture and capacity of our people
- Guide the people function for the company, including direction, leadership, and accountability for recruiting, employee orientation, employee engagement, people operations, total rewards, learning and development, performance management, HRIS, HR compliance, employee events and employee communications
- Lead the people team for the organization, including building, motivating, aligning, and coaching a passionate, high performance team to do amazing things and make a huge impact
- Build the company’s employer brand to generate greater awareness of the company as an employer of choice and to attract ‘stunning colleague’ level talent
- Develop strong internal relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels to create organizational performance on the people front
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Express)
- Experience with talent management systems
- Innovative mindset: approaches people planning, programs and practices in an imaginative, thoughtful, inventive (and yes, doable) way
- Loves leading and has a track record of HR or business leadership (leading teams to make an impact and leading functions to move the needle for the business)
- High integrity, a consummate professional and heaps of initiative; driven to succeed and to make a difference
- Passionate about powering business through enabling and powering people; fervent about reinventing HR to deliver more to the organization and drive business results
Minimum Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Human Resources Leader
- Strong business background, superior business acumen and demonstrated leadership expertise
- Experience managing and thriving professionally in a growth company environment
- Solid people expertise: proven functional proficiency and a breadth of skills in the people operations/HR function
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources/ Business or related field
- Experience in a marketing company is an asset but not required
LPi is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Alberta Human Rights Commission. We encourage all who are qualified to apply. We offer an attractive and competitive total compensation package, including benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please submit your application to email@example.com