Location: Calgary or Toronto
Working with the senior leadership and the strategy team, this individual will harness their passion for research and their experience in developing shopper insights and strategy to elevate our clients’ brand presence. As a Strategic Planner, you will optimize your analytical skills and industry knowledge in best practices, retailer evolution, client category development and shopper behavior. You will transform shopper behaviour data in to meaningful presentations and data visualizations that provide insightful findings that can be leveraged into strategic and business solutions.
The preferred location for this role is Toronto, but if you are in Calgary and have the right experience, we want to hear from you!
- Supporting the Chief Creative Strategist by researching and gathering data to develop well-informed, insight-driven strategic plans for clients.
- Examining our clients’ businesses to get to know their brands and understand their objectives.
- Create presentations and data visualizations to present proposed strategies to both internal teams and clients.
- Supporting the Creative Directors with development of concepts, strategies, and client presentations.
- Leading and participating in brainstorming sessions.
- Recommend the plan or approach that best meets our clients’ objectives, values, budgets, and deadlines.
- Provide ongoing industry news pertaining to retailer evolution, client category development, and shopper behaviour, capturing implications for actions to be taken
Who are you?
A people person who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, with a passion for doing work that matters.
- A dynamic individual, able to effectively engage and influence your audience.
- A proven track record in developing strategic plans that deliver against client objectives
- Insatiably curious about the work, with a strong desire to grow our clients’ business.
- Driven to understand what motivates human behavior.
- An engaging and clear presenter, able to make complex subjects understandable.
- Connected to industry trends and increasing the agency’s expertise.
- A self starter, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive, collaborative, and excited to be part of a high-energy team.
What you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, business communication, or a related field
- 5 or more years in research/strategic planning position for omnichannel/shopper agency or full-service agency with deep knowledge of the Canadian retail landscape.
- Background in research and analyzing shopper behavioural data to inform strategy.
- Strong skills in developing in shopper/consumer personas.
- Experience conducting research to develop shopper journey maps.
- Experience creating competitive/category deep dive reports including shopper behavior assessments.
- Considerable knowledge of Omnichannel/Omni-Commerce winning approaches with the ability to optimize opportunity.
- Bilingual fluency in French and English is an asset.
- Solid marketing knowledge and experience in packaged goods sector an asset.
LPi Group is an independent Creative Engagement Agency, specializing in connecting brands, retailers and shoppers across a rapidly shifting omni-channel consumer ecosystem. Our approach to devising strategies and solutions that sustain engagement is rooted in the truth that People Buy Belief.
Our culture is driven by Ownership Thinking; the philosophy that empowers our employees and inspires the attitude and actions of every member of team.
LPi is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Ontario Human Rights Commission. We encourage all who are qualified to apply. We offer an attractive and competitive total compensation package, including benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.