BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – TORONTO
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Don’t just change jobs. Change the world.
WHO WE ARE:
LPi Group is an independent creative engagement agency. We have set our sights on rapid growth and are looking for talented professionals to join our expanding team.
People Buy Belief. Our team creates and sustains belief in our clients. We are a team of experienced, passionate marketing professionals who provide creative solutions that challenge convention and exceed expectations.
Over our 28 years, we have never stopped evolving. Fresh challenges, new mediums, a shifting marketing landscape – we welcome every opportunity to grow and continue to harness the possibilities that come with change.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM…
- are driven by purpose and aren’t afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
- know that strong processes can make the world go ‘round and love to find a better way to do things.
- are a people person and have been described as the “glue” that holds a group of people together.
- are an innovative self-starter that is not afraid to speak up and challenge the status quo.
- thrive in collaborative, entrepreneurial environments.
- are passionate about doing work that matters and want to work with a high integrity, ethical organization
- live a culture built on a foundation of Ownership Thinking – a philosophy that inspires the attitude and actions of every LPi team member to devise solutions that move both our client’s and the agency’s business forward.
- are unified by our dedication to delivering work that creates and sustains belief in our clients’ brands, and your belief in us.
- are relentless in our pursuit of new opportunities to create engagement, speak with authenticity and forge powerful connections in the hearts and minds of our audiences.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
LPi Group delivers world-class, strategic marketing, creative and scalable production services. We take pride in our workmanship and maintain focus on the smallest details. Our mission is to help leading brands drive results through strategic and creative marketing communications.
We are looking for a sales and data driven, brand-loving and goal-oriented person to be part of our talented and motivated team. This position will focus on increasing company revenue and profit by developing and maximizing strategic sales and marketing opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you will have an excellent understanding of how marketing, business development, product pricing, and sales contribute to company profitability. You will have a proven approach to marketing and sales.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO OUR TEAM:
- Develop and implement plans, projects, initiatives and relationships that positively influence the revenues, profitability and growth of the company
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and analysis
- Monitor the portfolio of sales and marketing resources including materials and assets to ensure business development, sales and marketing, have the tools required to ensure continued growth
Reporting and Budgeting
- Achieve and maintain planned revenue and new business volumes by ensuring new business is solicited on a systematic and planned basis
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed expansion
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, targets and plans to determine effectiveness and adjust accordingly
- Monitor and report to management, revenue gains and short falls, service issues or concerns, competitive action on pricing and market penetration
- Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
Marketing and Sales Leadership
- Establish and ensure consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional activities and communication
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills to inspire performance
- Proficient knowledge of Sales and Marketing principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Strategic and business planning skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a keen attention to detail and ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Aligned with agency culture and Ownership Thinking
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple fast paced projects at any given time
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and agency wide internally
- Positive and proactive approach to problem solving – resourceful and innovative with an ability to see the bigger picture
Minimum Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Management
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration preferred
We offer an attractive and competitive total compensation package, including benefits, which will be commensurate with experience. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org