SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – CALGARY
Don’t just change jobs. Change the world.
WHO WE ARE:
LPi Group is an independent creative engagement agency.We have set our sights on rapid growth and are looking for talented professionals to join our expanding team.
People Buy Belief. Our team creates and sustains belief in our clients.We are a team of experienced, passionate marketing professionals who provide creative solutions that challenge convention and exceed expectations.
Over our 28 years, we have never stopped evolving. Fresh challenges, new mediums, a shifting marketing landscape –we welcome every opportunity to grow and continue to harness the possibilities that come with change.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM…
- are driven by purpose and aren’t afraid of rolling up your sleeves.
- want to be part of a business that speaks to your creative side.
- know that strong processes can make the world go ‘round and love to find a better way to do things.
- are a people person and has been described as the “glue” that holds a group of people together.
- are an innovative self-starter that is not afraid to speak up and challenge the status quo.
- are financially literate and are not afraid of numbers.
- thrive in collaborative, entrepreneurial environments.
- are passionate about doing work that matters and want to make a positive impact on the world.
- live a culture built on a foundation of Ownership Thinking –a philosophy that inspires the attitude and actions of every LPi team member to devise solutions that move both our client’s and the agency’s business forward.
- are unified by our dedication to delivering work that creates and sustains belief in our clients’ brands, and your belief in us.
- are relentless in our pursuit of new opportunities to create engagement, speak with authenticity and forge powerful connections in the hearts and minds of our audiences.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing the day to day accounting functions and finance operations. The Senior Accountant will ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions. As a Senior member of the Finance team, the Senior Accountant will be able to work independently and as part of a team.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO OUR TEAM:
- Review and sign off on bank and credit card reconciliations
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Strive for continuous improvement in the processes and procedures utilized as set out by project accounting principles and corporate governance
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll runs with the Controller to review values
- Analyze general ledger for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Prepare and review inter-company transactions
- Help coordinate annual audits and tax filings with external auditor including working papers to support financial statements
- Ensuring month-end close, and related tasks are completed in a timely manner within deadlines
- Assist with WIP analysis review and clearing of outstanding balances
- Lead monthly project costing calculation to ensure project level detail agrees to general ledger
- Research and implement new accounting standards
- Manage CRA access and correspondence, GST/PST/HST, payroll remittance, Corporate Tax, etc.
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Coach and mentor junior accounting or administrative staff
- Help backfill Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions as needed
- Prepare weekly check run
- Enter and apply deposits received by cheque or electronically; complete weekly bank deposit
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Advanced full cycle accounting skills with ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex accounting or project costing issues and advise team on how to approach non- routine transactions
- Strong background in GAAP/ASPE and project accounting
- Ability to communicate effectively with other teams or departments within the agency
- Strong computer skills including advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, grammar and spelling
- Aligned with agency culture and Ownership Thinking
- Conflict management experience with examples of positive outcomes
- Ability to build strong relationships externally and agency wide internally
- Excellent organization and time management skills with a keen attention to detail and ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated-results driven, and prefers to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
Minimum Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of practical experience in a similar role
- CPA or working toward designation is an asset
- Prior experience with Clients & Profits, Quickbooks, or Payworks is an asset
We offer an attractive and competitive total compensation package, including benefits, which will be commensurate with experience. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org